ServiceNow is an industry-leading service management platform that first focused on IT service management and has since moved into important business domains. Artificial intelligence (AI) is still relatively new, and the platform has yet to adopt AI fully in order to drive NextGen transformation, but the platform has altered in the previous several years with continual innovation.
Several companies use ServiceNow as their preferred records and service management application; thus, AI has a lot of potentials to improve user experience, reduce downtime, and keep things running smoothly while keeping costs down.
Introducing AI approaches to ServiceNow will help elevate service management to the next level by making ServiceNow the primary source of information and foundation data. In this blog, we’ll go through the major components of ServiceNow AI implementation and the importance of AI Search for ServiceNow users.
Key Components of ServiceNow AI
Creating an AI solution on ServiceNow requires several different components. As a whole, the service experience is improved by incorporating these components:
- Orchestration workflows enable virtual chat agents and chatbots to seamlessly interact with end users, answer their questions, create tickets, and automatically prioritize, categorize, and route tickets.
- Text and vocal input from virtual assistants such as Siri, Cortana, and the like can be processed using natural language processing (NLP).
- Decision engine frameworks can deliver accurate analytics-driven suggestions to accomplish IT and business processes, such as issuing a change request for payroll processing.
- Building knowledge, confidence intervals, and patterns for continual improvement are possible using machine learning algorithms.
- With predictive typing, intelligent search, and knowledge graphs, it’s easier than ever to locate and use the information you need.
- Automated infrastructure self-healing workflows rely on orchestration procedures.
- Based on historical data, predictive analytics can generate forecasts.
The Importance of AI Search
Using AI Search, customer care reps and other ServiceNow users are able to find information in a portal quickly. Customer service professionals can use Artificial Intelligence (AI) to find catalog products or Knowledgebase articles to help handle customer concerns quickly. It’s also possible for customers to address problems on their own without contacting IT, therefore saving time for the IT Service Desk.
When a user asks a question, AI Search will respond with an answer specific to their question. In order to better serve users, AI Search analyses their search behaviors and adjusts their results. AI Search uses ServiceNow NLU to deduce the user’s intent.
Consistent user experiences and engagement across portals, Knowledge Bases, mobile apps, and chatbots may be achieved using AI Search technology. It’s especially important in today’s digital workplace when it’s more challenging to differentiate between employees and customers.
ServiceNow AI Search Index Module
ServiceNow applications such as the portal, mobile apps, and virtual agents are all included in a search index maintained by AI Search in order to optimize search results. The AI Search index can be configured by businesses to make content searchable.
Custom search profiles allow administrators to better control the user search experience. A linguistic search request characteristic comprises autocorrections to search words or keywords, which are described in the search profiles.
For example, each search profile in this example represents a unique user or experience on ServiceNow. Search profiles can be created, linked to numerous sources, customized, and published by administrators.
The search query language used by AI Search successfully understands and delivers relevant results. Automated suggestions based on a user’s search history, current trending topics, and intent can be shown while the user types using AI Search’s autocomplete feature.
Using ServiceNow CSM to Implement AI
Before implementing artificial intelligence in your ServiceNow CSM, you need to take the following steps:
- Make sure the data you acquire for AI is as clean as possible before using it.
- The ServiceNow Platform places a high value on KPIs. Many KPIs such as customer satisfaction and re-assignment counts can benefit from the use of artificial intelligence (AI).
- Agent Intelligence has the ability to categorize and assign requests by default. The solution definitions should include additional inputs if you want to offer more information to select the relevant category and assignment group (e.g., location).
- Estimating the pace of change inside an organization is critical.
First, we need to build and implement an organizational change plan to see if these changes work with decision-makers before we integrate agent intelligence into our systems.
ServiceNow AI Supported Languages
It is possible to use AI Search in any of these languages: English, German, Japanese, or Spanish. With lemma and Unicode normalization, AI Search can further boost search recall and help consumers discover content in a variety of ways. AI Search carefully conforms to security operations standards and ensures that information is only sent to authorized users and to permitted recipients.
Organizations are moving to artificial intelligence and machine learning to accomplish digital transformation. However, bringing AI into customer service comes with its own set of specific issues that must be taken into account before moving further.
Customers’ requirements are constantly changing, and they come through various channels and devices. This presents a challenge for customer service. ServiceNow provides a customer service management platform with artificial intelligence capabilities to assist enterprises in delivering best-in-class solutions.