ServiceNow is a software firm established in the United States that offers a cloud computing technology for enterprises to handle their digital operations for business operations. ServiceNow streamlines the overall organization process and gives its clients a uniform experience. It serves as a comprehensive development environment in which we can create, test, and launch apps that provide automated processes for problems such as business management, case management, and service operations.
Fred Luddy established ServiceNow as Glidesoft Inc. in 2003. It entered the ITSM (Information Technology Service Management) area and competed with existing players such as HP and IBM. ServiceNow is no longer restricted to ITSM, but it remains a significant component of their business.
It has now extended across five key services: IT, HR Service Delivery, Security, Customer Service, and Business Applications. ServiceNow is a complete cloud solution that brings all of these services together in a single system of record. It also provides significant input that assists employees in increasing their efficiency.
ServiceNow Business Analyst Salary By Regions
[table id=7 /]
What is a ServiceNow Business Analyst Salary?
The average ServiceNow business analyst salary is $145,000 annually, which comprises a base salary of $130,000 with a $15,000 bonus. Servicenow junior business analyst salary starts at $97,500 per year while senior analysts make up to $147,500 per year. However, these values depend upon the experience and skills as an analyst.
Requirements for ServiceNow Business Analyst
- A BS or BA degree in computer science, business administration, or a comparable technical subject is necessary.
- Experience in operations engineering is preferred.
- Strong analytical and organizational abilities.
- The ability to operate alone with little supervision.
- Understanding of robotic process automation, information technology techniques, and procedures.
ServiceNow Business Analyst Job Description
The Business Analyst is in charge of reviewing, analyzing, and evaluating processes, systems, and user demands for planned initiatives based on the enterprise’s business strategy. The Business Analyst is responsible for facilitating analytical workshops, selecting the most efficient approach, and defining and managing User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to ensure enterprise operational and IT outputs match enterprise objectives.
The Business Analyst works with the IT personnel to understand the enterprise’s operational requirements for both automated and manual approaches to business processes and practices. As an analyst at ServiceNow, the job description would be quite similar and the same goes for the ServiceNow business analyst salary. The key responsibilities at ServiceNow include:
- Collaboration with business users to acquire all needs for the development of business standards
- Documenting procedures and strategic analysis outcomes, as well as receiving user approval on requirements.
- Helping the engineering team in transforming application functionality into application architecture and creating a statement of business operational needs.
- Addressing business instructions, objectives, and requirements to the tech staff and acting as the company’s operational management team’s business interface in expectation management and creating business satisfaction indicators.
- Creating and implementing test strategies to guarantee that functional requirements and specifications are appropriately executed and that ROI targets are met.
- Understanding long-term corporate objectives and recommending ways to achieve those objectives; integrating innovation into business operations through technology
- Assisting the enterprise’s business operations employees with the creation of content or other resources
- Use information about the system capacity to estimate project viability.
ServiceNow Business Analyst Interview Questions
Interviews at ServiceNow often vary by function and team, however Business Analyst interviews generally follow a fairly uniform procedure. The most often assessed abilities are statistics, analytics, and product metrics.
The better you perform at these tests the better your chances are for a good ServiceNow business analyst salary. In comparison, standard Business Analyst interviews often include questions about SQL and product analytics. The interview questions may look like this:
- Share your previous and current role/responsibilities.
- What are the key elements of SRS?
- Write the full form of CMDB and explain what is it?
- What does it mean to impersonate a user? How does it help?
- What exactly is requirement prioritization? And what are the various approaches employed?
- As a business analyst, how do you define a good quality requirement?
What does a ServiceNow Business Analyst do?
ServiceNow Business Analyst works alongside the lead or independently to design, develop, and execute IT processes, conduct research, and do analysis necessary to construct respective modules inside the ServiceNow Platform, and captures business requirements in the form of innovative stories.
How much does a business analyst make at Servicenow?
On average a business analyst at ServiceNow earns $145,000 annually. This includes a base salary of $130,000 with a $15,000 bonus. The overall salary is $61,093 more than the US average for a Business Analyst. Servicenow junior business analyst salaries begin at $97,500 per year and may reach $147,500 per year for senior analysts. These figures are dependent on the analyst’s expertise and talents.