Service Now is all set for its UTAH Release, bringing the latest features and tools for developers worldwide. The General Availability (GA) release date for ServiceNow UTAH is March 22nd, 2023.
Great News for Developers! The much-awaited ServiceNow Utah Release is not far now, opening up new avenues for developers to finetune their applications and manage them even more effectively. The Early Access (EA) for Utah ServiceNow Release is already available, rolled out on February 2nd, so developers can access the PDI (Personal Developer Instance) and experience the UTAH Release benefits first-hand. The General Availability (GA) of the ServiceNow UTAH Release is scheduled for March 22nd, 2023.
ServiceNow is an American software company founded in 2004 that allows customized software applications for varied business processes. Till now, the platform has released 28 versions since its inception, each with new products, applications, and fixes for previous releases. Prior to the UTAH Release, the most recent versions include Tokyo, San Diego, Rome, and Quebec, all launched in 2021-22.
Upgrading to ServiceNow UTAH
Developers can conveniently upgrade from previous versions to the UTAH ServiceNow Release, by going through the release notes to understand what advantages UTAH Release brings. The Early Release Program also helps in the practical usage of ServiceNow UTAH.
The best way to make full use of the update is by getting support from Moch.IT, an on-demand IT and business operations solutions provider specializing in ServiceNow products. The firm offers expert-level consultancy and integration services that can help you seamlessly upgrade your existing systems to ServiceNow Utah Release, without much of an effort from your end and at an affordable cost.
UTAH ServiceNow Features and Highlights
The ServiceNow UTAH release offers advanced performance in terms of:
- AI Search
- Agent Client Collector
- App Engine Studio
- Application Management
- Application Portfolio Management
- Application Vulnerability Response
- Configuration Management Database
- Assessment and Surveys
- Change Management
- Classic Experiences Dashboards
And much more, which you can find going through the ServiceNow Utah Features on the website. Developers and businesses will find great use of these advanced features. Those using previous versions of ServiceNow i.e. Tokyo, San Diego, and Rome, can be better off upgrading to UTAH ServiceNow Release.
The ServiceNow UTAH is just over a month away from General Availability. Once it is fully launched, the users will be able to get the following UTAH Release Benefits:
Customer Service Management
- The database linking will allow the addition and management of base products, add-ons, and services sold to the customers along with their specifications.
- Admins will be able to offer customers new services relevant to their currently owned products.
Field Service Management
- Similar work order tasks can be grouped into a single trip, improving dispatcher efficiency and workload management, while reducing the backlog. It will also help in the reduction of travel costs and carbon footprints while increasing margins for the service providers.
- Automated rescheduling of tasks based on real-time field updates. The technicians and customers will be informed of these schedule changes to avoid ambiguity.
- Equipment scheduling to ensure that essential equipment is available when required and reduce waiting time.
IT Service Management
- Digital portfolio management with a simplified interface, mappable KPI groups and integrated DevOps flow metrics to make well-informed business decisions.
Enterprise Asset Management
- Work order history can be analyzed to schedule future allocation and purchase decisions, improving asset reliability.
- Automated maintenance schedules for physical equipment to extend the life of enterprise assets. The maintenance documentation can be used for inspections and audits.
- Automated reclamation and retirement of enterprise assets during employee transitions to help with redeployment, repairs, disposals, and return to inventory.
Software Asset Management
- Software Asset Workspace can help create, assign, and track new value builder tasks till their completion.
- Software licensing for software installed on containers, on-premises, and cloud.
- Calendar for software contracts helping with timely renewals. The renewals can be planned and automated to avoid any issues.
Hardware Asset Management
- A single workspace to manage all procurement activities, monitor critical tasks, and deliver services quickly.
- Assets can be associated with pallets to get bulk updates. It also allows ease of locating assets and getting their details to manage the supply chain and logistic requirements.
- Streamlined donations to charitable organizations with controlled requests, approvals, plans, scheduling, and preparation of assets to be donated.
Integrated Risk Management
Assigning context to assets and data that impact operational resilience enterprise-wide. Modern design and configurable workspace increase productivity and ensure ease of navigation.
Automation and Low-Code
App Engine Studio
Lets the admin restrict users from creating new applications and edit only the permitted applications.
- Kafka Message Flow Trigger allows the processing and consuming of messages, and the inserting and transforming of data into ServiceNow tables. The low-code Flow Action Kafka Producer step and build can be used for push messages via drag-and-drop data pills.
- Maximum visibility for spoke usage and license compliance. Transactions can be viewed by top spokes, custom spokes, and as licensed/unlicensed transactions.
Next Experience UI
- Create and manage branded themes using the theme builder for user engagement. Preview and edit themes before sending them to production.
- Unified, branded themes to ensure a consistent visual experience on all web and mobile platforms.
- AI Search allows quick access to information needed to resolve issues while enhancing relevancy and search experience with features including auto-complete, typo handling, and exact match.
- Actionable and detailed analysis of processes to improve outcomes along with the availability of in-platform process mining. The AI-powered root cause analysis helps find bottlenecks and variations with direct integration to process maps.
- Real-time performance analysis with control over scheduling and time-off requests and demand scenario modeling to forecast secluding requirements.
- Increase privacy and security with cost-effective encryption for ServiceNow and customer-managed key (BYOK).
- Quick access from all locations with secure authentication for ServiceNow instances on registered mobile devices.
Two new fixed-scope offerings, ‘Introduction to CxO Dashboards’ and ‘Jumpstart your CIO Dashboard’. (CxO Dashboard Accelerators).
Financial Services – Banking and Insurance
- The Branch Manager Dashboard will allow the creation of requests on clients’ behalf and find trends and insights related to branch operations.
- Adjusters can be allowed to track work and progress on all active claims. Enhanced landing pages allow you to create, view, assign, and prioritize claim-related tasks.
All the aforementioned advantages can be availed by upgrading to the ServiceNow Utah Release today. The developers will find notes and tutorials in the early availability guide helping them move to the Utah Release from previous versions. Upgrading to Utah Release doesn’t require any additional subscription charges if you have subscribed for a previous version, making it even more attractive for developers and businesses using the platform.